Popular Home Upgrades in Seattle
February 20, 2023
There are a few popular home upgrades we see requests for over and over again. This means that we also have a lot of experience doing them, especially here in Seattle where homes can be 100 or more years old. Home upgrades in Seattle can be a big undertaking because of the time necessary to plan, design and permit. As such, it is crucial to plan your home improvements months in advance. For anyone hoping to have a fresh and new kitchen or a mother-in-law suite, it’s important that you get started with the process early – as contractors are often booked from three to nine months in advance.
Remodeling The Basement
Basements have a habit of becoming cluttered, underused spaces in many people’s homes. Remodeling your basement and turning it into a home theater, game room, study, or even into an income-generating Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) is a great way to make the most of this space. Whether you have a clear idea of what you want to turn this space into or you are interested in renovating your basement but don’t know where to being, Harjo Construction is happy to help.
Large-scale Home Additions
For anyone interested in adding a second floor to their space, a cottage (DADU) in their backyard, or a mother-in-law suite, it is time to start planning now! Making large-scale home additions will enable your family to visit with you throughout the year and ensure everyone has ample space. Because home additions often require additional plumbing, foundation reinforcements, and other complex services that may add to your project’s completion time, it is important to get a head start on your home additions.
Updating the Kitchen with a Remodel
Upgrading your kitchen with a kitchen remodel is a great way to make the most of your home and create more space for your family to enjoy. Whether you are hoping to create more storage space in your kitchen, add an island, or install the latest and greatest cooking technology, we’re here to help. Check out some of our past projects to find some inspiration for your kitchen upgrade.
Simple Steps To Get Started on Your Remodel:
Sometimes getting started can be the most difficult part of the remodeling process. Whatever you’re hoping to upgrade in your home, try a few of the following steps to get started:
- Declutter. This means tackling those boxes that have been in your basement since the last millennium and donating items you forgot you had to clear out your space.
- Explore large-scale versus small-scale options. Do you want to turn your space into something completely new or just update the look?
- Examine your budget. Having an outline of how much you would like to spend will affect your remodel trajectory.
- Develop a dream book. Browse project portfolios from design-build companies, and gather your ideas for your home in one space (typically an online collection). This will help determine your style and also your wants vs. needs when you meet with professional remodeling firms.
- Consult a professional. From building permits, to design ideas and more, finding your home remodel contractors is the best way to get started and find your upgrade inspiration. At Harjo Construction, we love helping our clients with ideal home upgrades and creating more space for families to enjoy. To learn more about our services or to view our portfolio, visit our website today!